Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #69
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I don't understand how it is hurting breeders if a law is applied equally across the board. I've seen breeders who say they love long tails, and people from Europe who say it's strange for them to see docked tails on Boxers because they are not used to them now. I really can't believe that anything besides tradition dictates that yorkies should have docked tails. Can anyone truly say that yes, objectively a dog looks better with a long or short tail? No, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, while I don't know much about this, I'm not sure I believe that tail docking was ever done for function on the yorkie. Most terriers do not have docked tails. Westies, which also hunt vermin, where bred to have a nice, fat tail that you can use to pull them out of holes.

And by the way, there is a huge movement against male circumcision! And yes, circumcision is QUITE painful for baby boys, they don't just whimper when it's done. However, at least that practice has a hygienic benefit (lowers chance of infection and transmission of STDs).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!