Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #63
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrainelola View Post
My personal opinion, as I have stated on other threads, is that I don't believe in docking.
Here in the UK yorkies tails have never been docked. The yorkie originated from England. It would be interesting to know when it was decided that docking was a breed standard in America.

Othe posters have stated that the tail does in fact show what a dog is feeling etc. A wagging tail doesn't always mean a dog is happy. When a dog's tail is held horizontally it is an agressive display.

I was very much under the impression that the yorkies tail was used to drag them out of the hole where they had been ratting, not the top knot but obviously they aren't used for this anymore anyway.

We all have our own opinions and beliefs and from what I have read it appears we can have these views in an adult sensible manner.

As I have said before long tail, docked tail, floppy ears, erect ears we are all on here because we love our yorkies. I just love looking at the avatars and pics of all your yorkies, they are ALL precious, beautiful and handsome.
x x
The tails were docked in UK......
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!