View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
ally173
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieluvr1 View Post
Romeo's been having a lot of stomach issues lately. He is now 3 months old. At the beginning of January he was throwing up undigested food so the vet put him on a chicken and rice diet. We did that for about a week and then I slowly put him back on his normal Royal Canin food.

Then last week he got sick again. He started throwing up every other hour all night long. I rushed him to the vet and he had bloodwork and x-rays done and they didn't find anything. So they put him on the prescription i/d diet and he did well with that all weekend. I started mixing in a new bland dog food yesterday (Nutro Natural Food) and he ate it all but he was pooping alot. As they day wore on, his poop got softer and softer and he would have to go immediately after eating, which is not normal for him. Now this morning he wouldn't eat and started acting a bit lethargic. I'm worried, but the vet hasn't told me anything. They suggested that he may have IBD but i'm just wondering if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions for me.

I'm so worried about my baby and unfortunately the vet bills are racking up. It's a really hard time for me and I'm afraid that I won't be able to afford it after a while. What can I do to get him better?
what protein source did the royal canin and nutro has;
my dog had similar problem adn she was on chicken; so last time she was diagnosed with IBD the vet put her on pro plan lamb and rice and she's doing good. so no chicken for some dogs with IBD. hope he gets better
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!