View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Breny
My Tiny Treasures
Donating Member

HI, Yes I have successfully raised a cleft palet baby and she will be 4 in July and is my pride and joy!!!

She lost weight alot! I also bottle fed her as I, at the time , did not know how to tube feed. How severe is the cleft? Is it in the soft and hard palet?

My girl has never been corrected , as I chose, after much research, not to go with the surgery. She eats hard food and treats and drinks from a water bottle. Yes she makes noises, but she is a healthy little girl.

If you have any questions I am more than happy to offer my help from my own personal experience. Each case will be different as I have learned, but I feel these babies are worth saving.

Please update when you can .

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis53 View Post
Well, early sun. morn, my Sassy gave birth to 3 nice size little boys. By the next day the firstborn had lost an ounce. So after checking him out, I discover he has a cleft palette. I am trying to bottle feed him, with the goats milk I had here. He is still losing weight and I can't seem to get much in him, he's very active and hungry acting, Mom is taking care of his potty needs. Has anyone here had any luck saving a puppy with a cleft? Any advice?

Breny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!