View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
the4ween
Yorkie Yakker

Default YT is the Bomb , A BIG THANK YOU!

So I have a 19 week old Yorkie named Philly. Since we got her her stool has been off an on abonormal. Well we live in VA and we had a big snow storm this past weekend and of course I had to shovel a small little area in the backyard for her and her brother to go to the bathroom. Well she has been throwing up and had some pretty ewwwy poo's including blood in it and yellow like jelly. I immediatly came to this website and did a search on bloody stools and saw many posts about Stress Collitis. I immediatly put her on her brother's food which a prescription dog food called Purina EN and just started watching her. Took her to the vet yesterday and she has Stress Collitis! The Vet said to keep her on that dog food for one week , she was dehydrated so they had to give her fluids and they gave her some meds for the vomitting and running bowels she has had...so hopefully in a few days she will be as good as new. I just want to thank you for all your posts when this kind of stuff happens it's so important to let each other know....I LOVE LOVE THIS WEBSITE!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!