View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #11
JHurtt
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Congrats on your upcoming addition to the family. Before I even get into answering your question I would just like to state that I too have a "poo" dog. He is a Japanese Chin / Poodle mix and is my prince. That being said, there are a few things I would like to address from your message. First of all, there is no such thing as a "Tea Cup" Yorkie or Poodle. Sure there are dogs that end up being smaller, but the phrase "Tea Cup" is really only a marketing ploy designed to bring in extra money. You may want to do some research into the tiny dogs and look at the health risks that these pups usually face. Next, please know that Yorkie Poo is not a breed, it is just a cute name that someone came up with when the whole "designer mutt" craze took off. Therefore, when you ask whether the pups from a Yorkie Poo and Yorkie / Poodle would maintain the "integrity" (not too sure what you are refering to ) of the Yorkie Poo the answer is no because to put it bluntly, Yorkie Poo's are mutts and therefore there aren't really any standards. Mutts are usually unique and there is no way to tell how they will even turn out. I kind of think of it like making a cake without a recipe.....each time you will use the same ingredients, but usually not in the same amounts....therefore it will always end up a little different....some better than others. In my opinion, you should love and pamper your pup, but have her as a pet only and have her fixed. Besides the fact that mutts should not be bred (imo...sorry if it offends anyone), breeding is not something to be taken lightly. You might want to spend some time just reading the posts in the breeding section of this forum. There is a lot more to breeding than most people think and it takes a lot of money and even more love, dedication, and knowledge.

All of that being said, I will be the first to admit that I made a very impulsive and uninformed decision when I purchased my Poodle mix. I will not say that I regret it though as he is my little munchkin and I couldn't imagine not having him in my life. While it might have been a little late, I did educate myself afterwards and hope that you will as well. You seem like a very concerned parent-to-be and have taken great first steps in trying to make well informed decisions. I wish you and your future baby the best of luck with whatever you decide.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!