View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
hihilol
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Very Soft Stool/Diarrhea & Vomit after switching foods

Hi, I've read a few posts on this forum from time to time when I had questions regarding my Yorkie, Morris, and everybody seems to be nice and helpful so I've signed up as well.

He's just a little over 11 months old. Currently I'm not with him (he's with my girlfriend while I'm away at college) but about three days ago, we switched his food. He was previously eating Royal Canin MINI Puppy 33 (MINI Puppy 33 Puppy Food | Royal Canin). It was running low and since he was almost a year old, I thought it might be good to switch him from puppy food to adult food. The new food is Royal Canin MINI Toy Indoor Adult 25 (MINI Toy Indoor Adult 25 Dog Food | Royal Canin).

My girlfriend told me that ever since he began to eat the new food, his stool is extremely soft (possibly borderline diarrhea?) and today he vomited. His vomit was more white-ish than yellow-ish, a little foamy, and she said she noticed small pieces of his food in it.

The only other time I noticed him vomit was when I picked him up from his first grooming and on the drive home, he puked in the passenger seat (I thought this might be due to the toothpaste or something related to brushing his teeth).

Aside from the soft stool and vomit, he's as energetic as ever. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thank you.
hihilol is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!