View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
friscomom
CURRENTLY SUSPENDED!

boo-boo, that's encouraging, but how (hard) do you 'work the long leash' with a 5 lb harnessed male who wilfully ignores you? We have reached the day that it's time to let Frisco know that Come means Come.

The words of an old teacher came back to me when we got home from a good field romp today, as Frisco rounded off to slink to the same spot as yesterday where neighbor had a new dog visitor, while I just headed for the door, but, it turns out that interestingly enough he hesitated when he didn't find me following him. So when I blithely came to see where he was, I found him standing in chase me mode, but his heart wasn't in it. While I hoped he didn't bolt because he knew I wasn't amused, it turned out he was actually just very hungry.

So, well and good, I know it's long leash training time, but what is likely to be the effective reprimand for a soft playful yorkie who isn't hungry? How does the 'follow through' go? It should be pretty unpleasant, right? Semi-drag by the scruff? What? I want to be very careful not to make him hate my guts.
friscomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!