View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #15
HarleyHOO
YT Addict

Aww, so sorry to hear this I can completely relate though. When I took Harley to the groomer the very first time, I was so nervous about leaving her there. I gave the groomer specific instructions on how I wanted everything, and even brought along her honey so that if she got nervous or scared, they could give her a few drops. I explained that this was more of a comfort to her than anything. The guy kind of laughed at me and said "Honey she aint goin to be here that long." I immediately felt a bad vibe about this guy, but against my better judgement left her anyway because I was due for a doctors appt and only had about 15 min. to get there. When I picked her up, she was terrified but also glad to see me. I freaked when I saw that he did the exact OPPOSITE of what I told him to do...not cool. In all honesty, I believe it was done on purpose as in addition, he placed a bandana on her instead of a bow....he KNEW she was a girl! Then he proceeded to tell me that she was squirming in the tub and trying to jump out, so the idiot decided he'd try to "scare her into staying in"....I'm not kidding, that is what he told me and actually demonstrated what he meant. Basically he allowed her to jump out and then caught her right before she hit the floor!! Why on earth you would tell a client that, I do not understand. Best believe, mama bear came out the woods!! I went off on him, in front of 2 other customers, 1 of which was there for the first time, and decided to turn around and leave due to what I went through.
When I got her home, she wasn't herself at all. She did want to be with me, but it was different, she was scared. She also had clipper burn so her bum was bothering her. Never again did I go back and I actually typed up a complaint and posted it at my vets office bulletin board, as they're actually the ones who referred me to this groomers. Get this, the guy who did this, WAS THE OWNER!
Unbelievable! But anyway, I've since found a great one which Harley loves and have had no problems. She's actually excited to see LaShawn when we walk in the door and gives her kisses
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!