View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
kristy47
♥Sophie Belle's Mommy♥
Donating Member

Default So, we went to Target today...

First, you'd have to understand the area I live in. You never see people with dogs in many stores except places like Petsmart, Petco, and a few local people clothing boutiques. I love to take Sophie anywhere I can with me but I haven't yet tried someplace like Target or the mall.

Well, we are walking into Target and a couple gets out of their car with a cute small breed black dog. I'm not sure what kind it was but he was very pretty and I'd say he weighed a little less than 10 lbs, but not much. The lady was carrying him in her arms and when they got in the store they just put him in the part of the shopping cart where kids sit and go about their shopping like they do this all the time. This is not something I'm used to seeing where I live but no one seemed to care, including the employees. And I know that Target doesn't allow dogs, right?

From what we could tell, they were never even approached or asked to leave. He didn't seem to be any type of service dog. He was wearing a blue stripe sweater but not one that indicated "service animal."

I told my husband that I just may try that with Sophie and if they ask me to leave, then they do and I will. But from what I could tell with this couple, they acted very nonchalant about it, like they do it all the time. So I may be soon sharing my experience with Target if I decide to take Sophie. I have a kwigy bo carrier but she's not very good with it and I don't know if she ever will be. She growled a tiny bit the last time I tried to sneak her in inside the carrier.

What are some of your experiences with going in places like that and not "hiding" your baby?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!