View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
DaniMarie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy So my baby just went for her second ever grooming......

...and it was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!

First, my husband picked her up and she came home "weird". I know you other Yorkie Mommies will know what I mean.

So for some reason, although my Poppy sleeps with me, eats with me, follows me to the bathroom and just basically is on top of me all day/all night, she is DISTANT............I just assume initially it is because she's spent time with other people.

WRONG.

So after a certain amount of time, where she is SUPER aggressive toward our cats (which she NEVER EVER is), I am basically crying that our baby came back "different".

Shall I not even mention how prior to this I have already decided NEVER to use that groomer again because she came back almost SHAVED completely. Now I like her cut "short" and with a classic "fluffy yorkie face".....yet she came back looking like a Chihuahua trying to pass as a Yorkie.... *sigh*.

So she won't come near me (my husband picked her up from the groomer), but she would go to him to lick his hand and even fell asleep on him, but was SCARED OF ME! I'm her Mommy who is a housewife here with her 24/7!!!!!! My husband did not understand how I was crying over how she was acting toward me.

So finally, he coerces her over to sleep on my lap (this is about five hours after she got home) and then she seems semi-okay. Here we are 7-8 hrs later and she is finally following me around *a little* again.

But nothing like my old baby.

SOOOOOO... I look at her paws......her nails are cut so far down to the root of the nail I want to scream and cry!!!!! Her black nails that should be filed down to black are WHITE.......and if that isn't enough, her bum is slightly bloody exteriorly!!!!!!!!!!! (these are things I only noticed when she finally trusted me enough to pass out completely on top of me, which normally, I am her number 1 person!).

I know there is nothing I can do against this groomer except leave bad online reviews...which like I said, the first time we brought her there, it was amazing....but this time? Her hair is almost shaved OFF (not what I wanted , obviously).....it is uneven everywhere, her nails are cut painfully low (this part makes me want to cry imagining the pain she went through!) and her bum and *hoo hoo* are both cut way too low and strange looking as well.

So.............. my question to you all is, what can I do to make her feel better???!!!! And maybe....How do I stop feeling so guilty???!!

I love this little dog as if she were my own child born from me...and I know that sounds super strange...but it's true.....

Any advice????????
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!