View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
debelm2
Senior Yorkie Talker

Isn't that such a frightening experience. I am glad things worked out so well. I wonder how many owners saved their little ones from learning something on this forum. I know I did. I woke up one morning and thought it slightly odd that our puppy wasn't awake yet but figuring she was just over tired I didn't want to bother her but then got to thinking what if something is wrong. When I went to check on her in her crate I was horrified to find her nearly unresponsive!! I nearly panicked but was able to get myself under control enough to remember about the low blood sugar I had learned about on here. I grabbed the corn syrup and rubbed some in her mouth several times and just kept rubbing and gently shaking her to try to get her to respond. She was so limp. And of all days we were having a bad snow storm and I couldn't even get out of the drivewayto take her to the vets. After 15 minutes or so of doing this she seemed to come around a little. As soon as she seemed able too, I put tiny bites of soft food in her mouth. She eventually came around more and more but it took almost all day for her to start acting like herself again. She slept a lot!! As I write this, I can still see and feel her in my hands even now. I really thought she was going to die in my arms. I will never forget it. But I also will never forget that it was this forum that really helped me save my baby's life. I am so thankful for all that I have learned. And I feel truely blessed that my little girl is still with us.
debelm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!