View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
TXBobcat
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Thanks for the help...

I am a new member to this forum. This is my first post and I would like to tell you a bit about us and the help this forum has provided.

My wife and I are fulltime RVers. We began fulltime on Oct. 2007. We travel in a Heartland Bighorn fifth wheel trailer.

When we started traveling fulltime we took our german shepherd labrador cross with us.. He was about 10 or 11 years old at the time and he loved to travel. In November 2008 we found a tumor on his spleen and due to his problem with hip dysplasia and age, our vet suggested that we put him down because he would have a problem getting up and would be in much pain. We did not want to do this, but could not let him suffer.

After a number months my wife and I were looking around for a new companion and wanted a smaller dog to travel with us. While in Elkhart IN we found the Homeward Bound pet rescue near South Bend IN, and a wonderful Yorkie named Trevor. We had been looking at a number of rescue dogs that would fit into our family. When we saw Trevor we had to go find him.

After about a week or so we were given the go ahead to adopt him. June 13, 2008 we took him home. He has been a great addition to our family. The only things we have had a problem with is he has a problem eating out of a bowl and house training. He was from a puppy mill. My wife feeds him by hand. Lately he has not been eating very well and we have become worried.

This morning about 4am he woke me up shaking very hard. I thought he might need to go outside to potty. When we came back in he was still shaking but thought he might be cold (we are staying outside McKinney, TX. Temp is about 28*). When we got up again this morning he was shaking and listless. He did eat and seemed to be better. I went on the internet and looked up "Yorkshire shaking". I came up with this forum. I found out that the symptoms could be hypoglycemia. This is Sunday and the vets are closed now, but he is doing better, I think because he ate a good meal his morning. We also gave him about a half tea spoon of honey. He is back to his happy self. On Monday we are gooing to take him to our vet here in McKinney and have him checked out.

Being a retired computer tech I use the internet to search out for possible problems and came up reading posts and the FYI on your forum. Thank you for posting this infomration.

I am a member of a number of forums and I am looking to add this forum to the ones I read almost daily.

If your intrested, here are a few pictures of Trevor from when we got him until about Sept of last year. My Avatar is him just last October in Spring Texas at a Rally.

Thank you again. May God Bless each and every one of you.

BC
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!