View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
ryoonc
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Doesn't want to eat, seems weak

Hey all,

I just got my yorkie puppy, and he's so cute I want to gouge my eyes out , but anyways, it's been the third day I've had him and he seems to not like to eat.

I took him to the vet yesterday for the first time and they said he was healthy (took his temp, weight @ 2.1 lbs, etc.) but I feel like there's something wrong with him (but it could be that I'm misinformed). It's my first time having any sort of pet (never even had a goldfish or anything), so I've been hard at work reading just about everything in this forum and trying to get everything right.

He's about 10 weeks old, so I'm not expecting much, but he plays for like 5 minutes before walking over to my lap and curling into a ball, then proceeds to nap the day away.. Not that I'm complaining or anything but he seems very weak most of the time and eats very little, if at all. He seems to like the soft stuff in a can but I don't want to serve him that all by itself so I mix in some crushed Royal Canin Baby Dog 30 but he never eats enough of it (maybe like a couple bites) before it gets all hard and gross.

I've read on the forum that yorkies are very picky eaters, but I don't cook so I can't make anything for him, and the one thread in this section with all the foods on it is so confusing I just stopped reading it. Isn't there one BEST food out there for a yorkie?

I guess my question is: Is my little friend normal? Or am I forgetting to do something? The vet said that I should be worried if he doesnt play, which is what's happening.
ryoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!