View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 07:04 AM   #13
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
specialty hospital tells me stop all food and water and when vomitting stops after a little while try a little water on fingers to bowl to get some water in them. Wait 12 hrs try soaked kibble if on kibble just a few and see if they keep it down. If not stop again no more food for 12 hrs. I slowly introduce food back in if he keeps it down soaking it as wet is easier to digest than kibble.

the prob with water is they vomit drink water vomit the water up and the cycle will not stop if bad enough so you have to stop the vomitting cycle from occuring so the tummy can rest.

Now if a tiny and vomitting alot I would get them in asap - my vomitting dog is 10lbs so he can go a while without getting dehydrated- these little ones can get dehydrated much faster then you have a big problem as dehydration shuts all the organs down

My aunt died of dehydration she was vomitting alot and she told my uncle to go in the other room to not keep him awake and the next morning he came in and my aunt was dead it was horrible and since that it scares me - the coroner ruled it cause of death due to dehydration had she went to hospital that night she would still be alive
OMG re: your aunt - That's horrible ! who would think one night of throwing up would lead to death

I know with puppies and or tinies - a vet is def the place to go - their little bodies have to work so much harder and they dehydrate much faster

edited to add - no more of those treats either - there's so many that mess with their tummies and if you gave her something new - it very well could be that - but you need to keep a close eye on her and be ready to go to the ER if you need to (since it's Sunday)

Last edited by red98vett; 01-31-2010 at 07:07 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!