View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
dwerten
BANNED!

here is another scary story my girl hurt her leg so I went to a vet with a digital xray to get on cd and he came in with metacam well my dog is on steroids now as atopica made her vomit too much but she is on temarilp which is prednisolone not prednisone so easier on liver. Nsaids should not be mixed with steroids as it can cause ulcers in dogs in the intestinal lining. I told him NO METACAM we argued as i wanted tramadol as tramadol can be mixed with steroids but nsaids cannot and i knew this. We argued i gave in as he is the PROFESSIONAL RIGHT well then he gave it to her and it dawned on me wait she has not eaten for 8 hrs is this safe on empty stomach (NO) but he said it is ok she will be fine well you are not suppose to give on empty stomach either. My dog was so sick from one dose for months - she got colitis would vomit up her food whole so i had to soak her food for 30 days before she could keep it down as dry kibble and i had to end up taking her to internal medicine to figure out what the heck was going on - it was a nightmare and we had to worry about her getting an ulcer on top of it.

Metacam is not horrible but it is never to be given on empty stomach nor with dogs on steroids he should have known better it is all over the internet - i knew better but i trusted the vet.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!