View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Delly View Post
Our Yorkie is 2 yrs old and weighs about 4 1/2 lbs. He is quite loveable and very cute. He loves to run like the wind when he gets loose. Normally we have him on leash when he is out but every now and then he just shoots out the door when someone comes before we can catch him. We were looking for a indoor containment system that would keep him from going too close to the door and were wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Pet Smart has one for about $60.00 but the reveiws are not very positive.
I think you're going to have to watch that darting out the door and start training him to stay when someone comes in - or hold him if you can.

In my opinion - and I've NEVER dealt or known anyone with one of those fences - I think they're cruel ....any product involving electricity would scare me and seems like it would be painful for the dog too....I personally wouldn't do it - but again - I have no experience with them

I know someone who bought a shock 'collar' and before putting it on their dog - tried it on his own neck - the second he felt the shock he said NO WAY. (I was clapping) ....I don't agree with those either.

You could try a baby gate. That could interfere with you coming and going cause you'd have to step over it - but until you can train him to stay - that may work for you. (Years ago) we had one for our Cockers and it worked great - especially at Halloween when the door was very busy. We had it set up outside the door.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!