View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TerrorsMom View Post
Thanks to all of you for your prompt replies. I did read the article above "Thermal Burns in Dogs", good info....my friend would freak if she read it....this looks like a long haul. I will check into nutrients suggested to help her heal. I JUST hope she makes it thru surgery and recovery...my heart is so heavy for this precious little one.

Florida here. I have been checking online about regulation, and appears "as someone said", there is none! The groomer used a cage/kennel with dryer attached. After going there yesterday, I can see how this happened - the dryers SHOULD NOT have a Hot/High setting.

I walked into groomers yesterday with pics (left mom and dog in car) 8x10 and 5x7 size...many more graphic than the one I posted. The groomer/owner cried...just could not believe it could have happened - totally beside himself...I am sure yesterday was not a good day for him, nor probably today, or tomorrow. Has said he will go above and beyond to pay whatever. I truly believe the person responsible for putting the dog in kennel...had to have seen at some point the setting was high. The dog showed no signs of burn until 2 days, it started getting a little red, she was shaking, wouldnt eat, drink.... - horribly stressed...after reading the Thermal Burn article I understand why. She could very easily have died. My friend is as stressed....and I am trying to keep her calm....but honestly, when I saw it after the bandages came off....I almost passed out. I also need advice to keep her calm thru this (and me)...it's going to be another bad week.

Again thanks and keep info coming, I am reading and listening.
yeah basically cooking dog from inside out is what happened - i am so angry but knowing the groomer did cry shows they screwed up big time and hopefully will do the RIGHT thing. My dex was burned from razor one time and it was DANG PAINFUL and the redness did not show up for a few days so i could definitely see that happening in this case too - sorry but this story is really heart breaking - shield your friend from the info and you are an AWESOME FRIEND and just advise her as she has enough to deal with but maybe you getting info you can help her along and be positive - I believe her dog will be ok it is just going to take some time - modern medicine is amazing and tell her not to beat herself up accidents happen we have all been there either feeding our dog something wrong or dog jumping off couch breaking a leg - it happens- she thought this was a good groomer and hopefully this groomer has learned a valuable lesson and DO THE RIGHT THING

Last edited by dwerten; 01-30-2010 at 03:05 PM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!