View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
3TerrorsMom
Yorkie Yakker

Default Chloe.....

Thanks to all of you for your prompt replies. I did read the article above "Thermal Burns in Dogs", good info....my friend would freak if she read it....this looks like a long haul. I will check into nutrients suggested to help her heal. I JUST hope she makes it thru surgery and recovery...my heart is so heavy for this precious little one.

Florida here. I have been checking online about regulation, and appears "as someone said", there is none! The groomer used a cage/kennel with dryer attached. After going there yesterday, I can see how this happened - the dryers SHOULD NOT have a Hot/High setting.

I walked into groomers yesterday with pics (left mom and dog in car) 8x10 and 5x7 size...many more graphic than the one I posted. The groomer/owner cried...just could not believe it could have happened - totally beside himself...I am sure yesterday was not a good day for him, nor probably today, or tomorrow. Has said he will go above and beyond to pay whatever. I truly believe the person responsible for putting the dog in kennel...had to have seen at some point the setting was high. The dog showed no signs of burn until 2 days, it started getting a little red, she was shaking, wouldnt eat, drink.... - horribly stressed...after reading the Thermal Burn article I understand why. She could very easily have died. My friend is as stressed....and I am trying to keep her calm....but honestly, when I saw it after the bandages came off....I almost passed out. I also need advice to keep her calm thru this (and me)...it's going to be another bad week.

Again thanks and keep info coming, I am reading and listening.
3TerrorsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!