Thread: New advice
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girls View Post
I had my Lia done after her first heat, she was 10 months. I waited because she was just under 3lbs and I was afraid but everything went well. I did notice that her nipples did not flatten out completely and I'm not sure if this was because of the heat cycle. Maybe an experienced YT could anser this. Lola was done at 6 months and her nipples are non-existant.
yes this is why as vet told me to spay dd at 8 mos before first heat due to nipples and heat so i went ahead at 8 mos as she had alot of allergy issues at 6 mos so i did not want her itching after her spay but vet said you need to do this NOW. It went great no issues and glad i did it then as I have seen Pyometra in non-spayed dogs that were not bred and that is scary stuff - here is info

Pyometra & Uterus Infections in Dogs

i have seen dogs as young as 1-2 yrs old get it

Just make sure to do all safety precautions -- blood and urine checked before anesthesia

propofol, isoflurine, iv fluids and catheterization and tube needs to be cat tube or smaller so as to not affect trachea - there are smaller tubes used in ferrets etc so ask the vet about this as some do not have small tubes so make sure they do
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!