Thread: Hurt again
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 03:34 AM   #6
Nikitta34
YT 500 Club Member

I'm not sure about the low-blood sugar thing. I've never heard of a medication reacting to low blood sugar, but if the medication makes her tummy upset then perhaps she is not eating as much? How much does she weigh and how old is she?

As for the re-injury, a friend with a mini dachshund went through the same thing with her dog a couple weeks ago. He had a bad sprain in his shoulder, was given pain meds by his vet, and started acting fine. Then a couple days later he was acting like his shoulder really hurt again. The vet said that he must have aggravated the sprain. His owner tried to keep him from doing any running, jumping, wrestling, and playing. A couple days after that, he was fine.

I'm not sure what the original problem with your dog was (or was caused it), but I think it's fairly common for the injury to take a while to heal, and it can certainly be aggravated if she is playing/running/working that muscle a lot.

Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Check in with your vet again and let us know what he says.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!