View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #11
friscomom
CURRENTLY SUSPENDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysiane_souris View Post
If you cannot catch him in the act ever.. thats means he has to much run of the house and needs to be confined more. Start from the biginning like if he was a puppy...You can do it, just start all over like a new puppy lots of praises when he goes on the pad and you have to catch him int he act to let him know righ from wrong....
The advice above sounds right to me, except puppy praise might not work, but there will be things he wants you can withhold until he obeys the Go Pee command, like dinner, maybe, so you can start to get a handle back on the situation.

Gotta be tough with these little buggers. Worth a few weeks of strong conscientous retraining. (I had cats once that got peeing on my bed and they went out the window never to be seen again.) Some things are intolerable. I believe Kids n Pets enzyme stuff works, too, for the environmental rehab - $5, Walmart, mop section at my store. And a black light to find the spots.

All dogs can be trained, if you make it worth their while, it will be worth yours.
friscomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!