View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

I was wondering about your question. I found this. Hope it helps you some.

Answer
Hi Debby,

I've always found that eating grass indicates that the dog isn't fully digesting his/her food. I don't know what you're feeding her, but I'm a raw diet advocate who believes that homemade diets are far better for our pets than commercial ones.

But if you want to provide the best quality dry or canned food, here would be my recommendations based on the ingredients:

Dry Dog Food - Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, C&P's Organix, Solid Gold Barking at the Moon formula, and Wellness CORE formula.

Canned Dog Food - Canidae, Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, Innova EVO, Nature's Variety Instinct formula, and Wellness.

Another thing you can do for digestion is to add digestive enzymes (such as Prozyme) and probiotics (such as lactobacillus acidophilus). Prozyme is available at some pet stores or over the web and the lactobacillus is available at any grocery store in the vitamin aisle. Here's a link to more information about these two products:

http://www.petsbynature.com/Digestive_Blends.htm

Upgrading to the best diet you are able to get and supplementing with enzymes should totally eliminate the grass eating and will produce a healthy dog with a good immune system.

Good luck.

Laura Murphy
Pets by Nature
Pets by Nature Raw Pet Food
Dogs: japanese chin, chicken soup for the dog lover, homemade diets
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!