Thread: Angel Eyes
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #13
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I agree. My vet said Uni's tear ducts are partially blocked and I do "eye booger detail" several times a day. Her eye hairs are not stained, but they can on occasion get crusty, so I clean many many times a day. Not that much of a biggie that I would do surgery with the opthamologist (that's what my first Banfield vet suggested, surprise surprise). I don't use any product, just blot the eyes frequently before it sets and stains.
yeah they do a dye test putting dye into the duct and if it rolls out through the nostril then no blockage if it does not come out quickly then blocked. I would not do surgery either but the thing with this breed is they are prone to dry eye and then the reason i learned above is my boys nostril is drying on one side and that can be a symptom of dry eye as the duct is not draining down to nostril thus drying it out he was tested two years ago with schirmer but we need to test him again it is easy test though. Just like humans get dry eye as they age so can dogs as that is why many humans cannot wear contacts as they get older as their eyes stop producing enough tears thus drying eyes out and painful to wear contacts that is what is happening to me per opthamologist so it was an aha moment for dogs as well
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!