View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
brendah
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonmon View Post
thanks for all the replies. Just a quick update. I did what the vet suggested as a compromise and waited to call till 11 pm. He said if I picked her up before 12midnight they wouldnt charge for another day though they would still recommend her staying. She was not on an iv anymore but he said she hadnt even touched her water. I know her and she was probably traumatized from being away from us as well as being sick. So when we called he said we could come get her. She was so happy to be home. She immediately drank some water and ate a few small bites of boiled chicken. She wanted more but the vet said to go slow. Today she seems back to herself....still eating small amounts of boiled chicken and rice as they suggested. Her PCV was 59...he said it was elevated but it could be the dehydration so wasnt certain it was HG.
All i care about is that she is better but I do feel taken advantage of. I think i could have taken her home the first night and watched her and saved alot of money. I also am glad I declined alot of the other fancy tests the wanted to do initially...almost $600. I am starting to not trust this vet clinic. They do give good care but it seems they are always trying to pad the bill. Who knows...thanks again for the advice.
I am happy that your lil one is doing good and back home. I know what you mean about vets taking advantage of us. I am lucky that I have a wonderful and affordable vet. I have gone into other vets just for a checkup and by the time we left it was over 400.00 of nothing but tests, I took in for basic check up and shots. I did a lot of searching for a good vet that is not always trying to "up sell" everything. I don't mind paying for what is needed but I have been learning a lot
brendah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!