View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawnfine View Post
I spoke to the Vet after I posted. He explained to me that Milo had some pockets on his incisors but they were not that bas so rather than pull them he wanted to try this first. The Clindamycin is the only antibiotic that penetrates both bone and tooth he will be on it for 7 days then off for 3 weeks than on it again for 7 days at which point the Vet wants to see him again for another possible round in three weeks from them. I hope this works I would hate for him to loose his teeth
??? are the teeth loose? We see a bc dentist and if teeth are loose i get teeth out as antibiotics will not turn that around - this does not make sense to me

My dee dee is taking clindamyacin for staph infection and gets 1.2 ml daily for 25 days - she gets it once a day and doing fine on it but it can cause stomach upset so make sure to give mid meal so i feed 1/2 food give antibiotic then feed her next half

you may want to call mfg about what vet is telling you but clindamyacin is usually used in dentals but i did skin culture and it will work for staph as well and dd got hives from simplicef so we are using this one instead now.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!