Thread: Dental work
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
Hi! I'm out, it's done. The tooth is gone. It was horrible. They ended up putting me under. My blood pressure was through the roof and the dentist came in and told me that she had to break the tooth apart in smaller pieces to get it out and that after looking at the xrays, she was pretty sure that Novacaine was not going to numb the area, it would not work because the tooth was in 2 pieces and the pulp was already exposed to air. I don't know what that means but I said I'd go under and I'm glad I did. It added another $300 to the bill, but at least I don't remember or anything. It took 45 mins when it should have only taken 15 mins so it was a mess.

I came home and slept and was supposed to take Vicoden but didn't. They told BF that by the time we got home the Novacaine would wear off and I would need something. But I was tired and went to bed instead. Woke up 1.5 hours later in EXTREME pain. I had to try to eat something and drink something to take the Vicoden... OMG.. I was in tears! I just slept the rest of the day away. I hope I never have to go through this again. Whoever said having a tooth pulled was easy is a lucky person! I am pulling bloody gauze from my mouth every couple hours, that alone is horrifiying enough!

Oh that sounds so horrible, when I said that tooth pulling was easy I meant on the dentist. Lots of dentists charge less then $50.00 to pull a tooth. I'm glad it's over with, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I always think science has improved so much since I was young, but when I hear of something like this, it just scares me to death. Hope you feel better soon!

Join today and remove this ad!