View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
megooego
I ♥ my boys
Donating Member

Okay so I just got back from the vet and Jimi has an upper respiratory infection. I am so glad that I took him in immediately. Apparently, if left untreated, it could have turned into pneumonia. I have to give him liquid medication (Doxycycline) once daily, for 2 weeks. The vet said she has no reason to believe that it is collapsed trachea. (Thank goodness! I need to stop watching these horrible youtube videos.) The vet also said that Jimi is, overall, a very healthy little boy. All of his other vitals, such as his temperature, lungs, and heart were all good.

Unfortunately, yet again, I have postpone Jimi's neuter (originally set for next week). At first I waited to see if he would lose all of his baby teeth. He did. Then I wanted to make sure I found the perfect vet. I finally did. My new vet is AAHA accredited and has the right anesthesia protocol, but now Jimi is sick. The vet wants to wait until Jimi is completely healthy before she puts him under anesthesia, which I totally understand. So.. she thinks that he will probably have the procedure done in a month. It is about time! Poor thing is humping his baby brother.

The new vet loves Jimi. All of the nice ladies there think Jimi is a cutie.
I know this is silly but I just love when people compliment my baby.

Added a couple photos of my boys..
1 - Whatchu lookin at?
2 - Kind of a weird close up.. but I like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1819.JPG (195.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1823.JPG (195.1 KB, 48 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!