View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

My Cali had HGE last year. The first night I took her to the ER vet and they gave her some fluids, but didn't test her for HGE as she has had a lot of other tummy problems. They said I could keep her there overnight, but I opted to take her home on the medicine and watch her. I live 7 minutes from the ER vet so I usually opt to watch her myself unless she is needing immediate care. Cali got worse 2 days later so I took her to my vet who tested her for HGE. I left her at my vets on IV fluids and meds for the day and took her home that night with her IV cath still in and took her back for the next 2 days for more IV therapy. By the 3rd day she was much better. My vet knows I will stay up all night and can get her to the er asap if needed so she feels that she does better at home if possible. I have insurance on all 3 of mine so the cost wasn't the reason I kept her with me at night, I just knew she would do better at home. This is just my experience with HGE and I would never advise going against a vets recommendations. So I don't think you are being rash just a concerned mommy. Please keep us posted and I will keep her in my prayers.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!