Thread: Dental work
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
Yesterday I bit into an Animal Cracker and my whole back molar broke in 2 pieces. I went to the dentist for an emergency visit and he said it has to come out, it can't be saved, it's broken completely and also a complete cavity. I am sooo bummed and upset with myself. I should have gone to the dentist but I haven't been in SOOO long. I have 2 more cavities on my right hand side that need fillings and they still have to look at my left side. I have to get the broken tooth extracted tomorrow and a bone graft started so I can set my jaw up for an implant in the future. I'm going to have NO tooth there for over a year. This is such horrible news. Not to mention I have no dental insurance. The visit and xrays yesterday was $130.... not horrible, but tomorrow the bone graft and extraction tomorrow could be about $800. YIKES! I applied and got approved for care credit yesterday which is 1 year financing at 0% interest. I hope to pay this off pretty quickly and then next Jan when I get insurance back get the post and then next summer I'll be able to get the implant. But YIKES! I cannot believe I'm losing a tooth, my tooth! How horrible is that!?!?
It really sucks how much things cost healthwise. Sorry that you have to do that all out of pocket. We definitely take our teeth for granted. Hugs girl.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!