View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
HShanks
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default UPDATE on Abbie's Pancreatitis-back from vet again

Well, we are back from another vet visit. Abbie appeared to being doing well up until yesterday afternoon when she vomitted 2X. No other symptoms all day so I backed off of the food (chicken and rice) a little and continued with water. She woke up at 4 AM this morning with another episode of vomitting. Called ER vet who suggested that we take her to regular vet at 8AM.

I decided to take her to a different vet this time because while I liked the fact that the prior vet had the SNAP cPL, I did not like that she encouraged the bland diet (saying it was based on new research) without NPO status for 24 hours. On Friday I also asked her about Cerenia (I have it here at home) and she said, "No, don't give that to her. Just give her bland food."

Today I showed the photos of the poo, described her waxing and waning episodes of vomitting (no poo since Sunday AM), and had all of her blood work faxed to the new vet. Vet says does appear to be pancreatitis but also based on the photos of the poo she dx her with HGE. This vet had a wonderful bedside manner and took her time to describe a complete plan of care (plan of attack is more how I look at it )

Abbie received subcut Lacated Ringers, a shot of Cerenia, and Clavamox. She is NPO for the next 24 hours. Vet also suggested FortiFlora for when she is eating again so we bought a box of that as well.

Thanks for all prayers and education about this horrible condition. Will keep you updated.
HShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!