Thread: Coccida
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #5
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
If the condition is left untreated by the new owner I don't think it would be the breeder's responsibility to replace or refund the money. This is where a relationship with the breeder comes in to play. The relationship with the breeder shouldn't end when you walk out the door with your puppy. Your breeder should go over the possibility of certain things that can happen after the pup has left their home. A contract should be in place stipulating that the pup be examined by a vet within a certain amount of time. Also, frequent phone calls between the new family and breeder during the first week or so after the transition.

I'm saying if you get a dog from a breeder that has had coccidia for an extended period of time while still with the breeder, that breeder should not expect the new owner to pay for treatment.

Now, if you get a puppy, don't get them vet checked with a couple of days of bringing them home and wait for weeks or more, then it's the new owner's responsibility, IMO.

You're right about the relationship with your breeder. I love your line about buying your breeder first!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!