View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #39
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Each case is quite different. Surgery is indicated when there is a problem that causes discomfort, which is what you are saying happened to Reesie.
Many pups live long lives with LP and never require surgery....and never have issues with their knees! Surgery is not inevitable with LP!

I have quite large veterinary bills and spare no expense when surgery is indicated. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is the case! I would never let a pup suffer....I also would not amputate a limb because of the cost of repair which I have seen. I know anyone doing that would not do that to their own limb...but, that is another topic. I am simply saying that I take no short cuts at all! I have consulted with my vet and also a board certified vet regarding LP and it is not necessary to operate on every one of them.
I 100% agree as well as i went through alot of research and also contacted the two bc orthopedics in my area

Now if my dog was in alot of pain, and after 2 mos of resting still lifting leg all the time, etc then i would opt for surgery but ONLY if this was the case and thank God it was not with my dee dee.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!