View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #37
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
What do his front legs have to do with his knees?

And, pain is not the only measurement....these pups start limping and not using their leg when the LP is really getting worse. Not ALL LPs progress that far!

Honestly, they will get arthritis anyway. Yes, a board certified orthopedic vet is always the way to go.

Was the vet she went to board certified? I have a vet here who has performed surgery in some really BAD cases...and successfully. I have a pup who had a genetic problem in both hind legs....and his knee was literally backwards in one leg. I went to an ortho vet who told me that his knees were inoperable....went to a board cert. vet who FIXED his knee! So...always a second opinion!

I do find it hard to believe that a pup could be ignored by a vet for that long. Signs indicating surgery show up LONG before the knees are that bad.

Is this person who owns this maltese is anywhere near the Houston area, I would be happy to share this vet's name ... he is wonderful! I have seen other surgeries by him that were amazing.
i agree whether surgery or not arthritis happens is what two bc orthos told me and both said unless the dog is in a lot of pain or lifting leg all the time showing sign of pain they did not recommend surgery
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!