View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #35
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I guess I didn't explain myself thoroughly. I do understand that supplements do not solve the problem of LP, and yes I know it is a problem with the skeletal structure of the bones that lets the kneecap slip out. I'm just saying Uni is diagnosed grade 3, yet she does not lift her leg nearly as much as some pups on here I've seen who are diagnosed grade 1 or 2. So is Uni misdiagnosed, or are the others? She's only lifted her leg once time in her whole life that I have seen. And since she comes to work with me every day, I pretty much am with her 24/7.

I do agree that not all pups who have it need surgery, and that yes, it is a case by case basis. For now, I will not think about surgery for her b/c she doesn't lift and doesn't show any sign of pain. She does not walk bowlegged either, and her toes are not pointed inwards either as one of the other posts noted.
i am with you my dd had xrays as she injured her acl a year ago and both patellas are permanently outside and cannot even move at all and she only lifted her leg when having acl injury - i rested her two months as orthopedic said most small dogs do not need acl repair as they do not weigh much and scar tissue acts like acl after 2 mos and she did great after 2 mos of resting no lifting. I Just would not rush into a surgery like this unless my dog was in alot of pain and lifting the leg all the time as it is pretty intense surgery

vet considered her lp grade 4 since the patella cannot be manipulated at all
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!