View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
pkdrown
Yorkie Talker

Sad Anemic Yorkie (Low red blood cell count)

Hi Everyone. I brought Sparky (6 months old) to the [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]vet[/COLOR][/COLOR] to have him neutered and had the bloodwork done as a precausion. Well, they did not do the [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]surgery[/COLOR][/COLOR] because the vet said he was a little underweight and anemic ([COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]red [COLOR=green !important]blood [/COLOR][COLOR=green !important]cell[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] count too low).
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
He weighed 1.7 lbs when I got him at 12 weeks old and at 6 months he now weighs 2.1 lbs. They sent me home with a wormer, some [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]vitamins[/COLOR][/COLOR] (Pet-Tinic) and some Purina Pro-Plan Puppy food (canned) to mix with his kibble (Blue Buffalo [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]Puppy[/COLOR][/COLOR]) which he loved for a few days but then kind of lost interest. I started mashing in some cooked chicken breast into the mix and he really loves it now!!
Is it ok to give him the chicken breast long-term or will he get too much [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]protein[/COLOR][/COLOR]???
pkdrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!