View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
DerbyLayne
YT Addict

Default Black Spots on belly

Hi, Derby has these black spots on his belly. I looked at other threads regarding this on this board and it talks about itching/black spots in arm pits etc. I do not have that on Derby.

They are on his belly and near his genital area. We tried squeezing one because we thought maybe it was a blackhead, but all it did was scab. i took the scab off and there is still a black dot there; however there seems to be a sharp end to it.

There are various sized of dots. Some are raised, and some are smaller black ones. They look the same from the naked eye, but when I feel them they do not feel the same.

The one we picked at, that scabbed, and had a sharp end to it almost look like a piece of burr or a dog hair that wasn't like his belly hair at all. We had to shave him down last weekend because he chased a dog into a bush at the dog park, so maybe that's it?

I tried using the tweezers to squeeze the other raised ones and nothing happens.

Could they me moles or just skin pigmentation? Should I squeeze the raised one harder (like I do my own blackheads?)

I don't know what to do, but it worries me a little.

I've also heard of Staph infections... What are those? Could this be it?

Last edited by DerbyLayne; 01-23-2010 at 09:41 PM.
DerbyLayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!