View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I was waking up with Jackson once in the middle of the night until he was probably 17-18 weeks old or so. I would pull up food/water by 9 or 10pm and he would be good until about 4am, then we would go back to sleep until 7:30 or so. We had our routine. Then it was playtime from about 7:30-8am. He was in a crate at first but when I allowed him to sleep in my bed for the first night and he slept thru the night... then we just stuck with it! He's been sleeping soundly in my bed ever since and he's a little over 1 year old. He rarely wakes up in middle of night anymore but once in a blue moon he will. I usually try to pick up his water before we fall asleep because he has a tendancy to drink a lot in the middle of the night (maybe boredom?) and then has to go potty earlier than usual (5:30-6am) and I prefer to sleep until 9! I used to try and keep him up & playing for at least an hour before bed, so that way he would crash harder for the night. Wear him out during the day and he should sleep good! Puppies don't take a lot to wear out either. They do a lot of really hard play and then really hard sleep.

As for food - I don't know anything about goats milk but I also had a picky eater on my hands. I would mix his dry food with his wet food and that always worked for us. We tried a few different foods but as a pup, he ate Dog Whisperer puppy food mixed with the canned. Then around 6 months old, he began eating Merrick's Before Grain. Now he does really well on Fromm's!

Last edited by Britster; 01-23-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!