Thread: Advice Please!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 AM   #4
Sweetlips6
YT 500 Club Member

I work full time too. I am gone about 10 hours a day, with the commute.
I can not wait to get home to my Bonnie. I have a son in college that comes and goes during the day.
12 hours is a long time when you are trying to potty train. And they can be hard to potty train. Could you come home for lunch?
And when you come home tired after 12 hours, are you willing to put in 2 hours right away to walk and play? Cause your baby will be all over you, nonstop (not a bad thing) after being alone for so long.
Maybe even consider an older dog that is out of the puppy stage. I don't think they require as much constant attention.
Good luck with your decision, If you get a yorkie it will change your life forever, for the better. But something a lot of people forget, it can be hard and overwelming at first. Especially if you have never had an inside or small dog before.
This is a great site to learn all about the yorkie breed before you buy, and come with your problems and issues and happy talk after you buy.
Be sure to check out how to purchase your pup = not buy from a pet store or puppy mill, etc.
Sweetlips6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!