Thread: Shhhhh :)
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #12
YorkieMom6
♥ Luv Zoey & Austen! ♥
Donating Member

Thinking of both Pixel and Mommy and hoping all goes well today. So glad Pixel gets to have a special 'at work' playday with mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
You should always take your vet's advice over any advice given on a public forum. Only your vet will know the risk in your particular area. I would just make sure that the vaccine your vet uses is one of the newer ones that protect against 4 or 5 strains of lepto and that they are the ones seen in your area.

It sounds like your vet plans to give the lepto, bordetella and rabies in three weeks all at the same time. I would definitely advise against that. Rabies shots also have a pretty high risk of a reaction and should always be given separately from the other vaccinations.

What sort of health guarantee did you get with Pixel? Some breeders actually have it written into their contract that lepto vaccinations may not be given.
Very good information to consider here. Hope I will remember it or will be able to find it come time for Zoey's boosters. Thanks for helping us all look out for our precious ones!
YorkieMom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!