View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
maltluvr
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchurt View Post
My Yorkie is 4 yrs. old and has GME - Granulomatousmeningo encephalitis. IF you know anything about this disease please contact me. SHE is not walking and we are doing steriods and physical theropy in the bathtub (swimming) I guess I'm hoping she walks again and today isn't soon enough. I have a wonderful doctor and he is very hopeful? :
Oh goodness. My Maltese also has GME. If she is not walking, she is likely not on enough steroids. I encourge you to immediently look up Dr. Alen Sisson. He has a protocol that is having amazing outcomes for GME dogs. Ask you vet about this. Dr. Sisson will work with local vets to run his protocol. You really need to see a board certified vet neurologist. I also would enourge you to check some of the GME boards. There is a wealth of infomation out there. It sounds to me as if your dog is being very undertreated. This is a auto immune disease, and needs to be treated aggressively with immunosupressive agents. The longer you wait, the more damage that is happening in your dogs brain. Good luck. I would be happy to talk to you off line or via PM.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/NewGMEDogs/

Last edited by maltluvr; 01-22-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: adding link
maltluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!