View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 PM   #8
magnolia
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Survived both Katrina and Rita

Although we are in west central MS, during Katrina, we had winds gusting to near 70mph or higher. Had a tree fall and hit the garage (no damage to vehicles thankfully!), were without power for 10 days, but we all survived, including Gabby and Gage. They both knew something was coming...Gabby stayed real close to me and Gage sat on the back of the couch looking out the window, then would run the length of the couch, go back and look out the window again until the winds picked up...then he moved to my lap. When Rita came through, we were on the far eastern side of the storm, experienced winds up to near 40mph and had another tree down. This one fell across the driveway. The babies were really nervous for this one as well, sticking close to us. Hubby suffered severe trauma to his face trying to clear the tree from the driveway - one of those "freak" accidents!! He's had 2 surgeries to reconstruct his nose and is looking at one more, maybe 2 to hopefully complete the work. Considering that all the docs in the ER that night said he should not have survived, we'll take the surgeries, no matter how many they are! And I speak for Gabby and Gage when I say we've had enough of bad weather to last us for a while! My heartfelt prayers go out to all those who were affected by this past hurricane season and who are in worse situations than mine.

Thanks for starting the thread and allowing me to share! Have a great night.
Suzi
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!