View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #8
ChantalB
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Now! I know some people will wait until weeks after all their shots are completed but I believe socializing should be done asap! Obviously, NO dog parks, or Petsmart, or places where they can get diseases but find dogs you know are healthy (friends dogs, etc) at least. I do believe Jackson is a better dog because of it. He was exposed to many different dogs & people at an early age (healthy dogs, my parents, my friends, etc) and he seriously has never met a dog he doesn't like. I don't know, I just personally believe the earlier the better and my vet was fine with him going out in our backyard after his 2nd set of shots was completed. I think exposing them to the world is very important early on.

This is exactly what I tell the families when they adopted my puppies.

Vet will tell you to keep the dog inside, the spy will tell you that socializing early is VERY important for the puppy. I have study dog science and strongly believed that the dog need to be exposed early.

BTW An other thing you can do to socialized the yorkie puppy is to carry the puppy around in your purse. He won't catch anything from there but will get used to noises/car/people.
ChantalB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!