View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
luvmylacey
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchi View Post
I'm trying my best to get Chuchi socialized at a young age but feel I'm running out of time. He is 5 1/2 months old now. I have been giving him as much exposure to dogs as possible. Left him in a dog camp for 5 days where he spent his time running around with a 5 month old beagle that at first would dominate him (pin him down and bark) and now he can play (although she still beats him lol).

What would be the best method to have him not fear the dogs in the park. I let him play with them in the park but many times he tries to hide behind me and I move to let him play but he still needs to gain much more confidence

Any tips are GREATLY appreciated!
We have not been able to social Lacey and she will be two next month. She will not let another dog approach her. She growls and tries to attack other dogs, but loves people. We started exposing her right away. Attends three meetups a month, puppy classes and one-on-ones. How old was Chuci when you brought him home. Lacey was eight weeks old. We were convinced by the breeder and the vet that eight weeks was ok. I think Lacey's issue is (after reading on yt) that she was taken away too soon and had not had the proper training, etc. from her mom. Good luck and don't give up.
luvmylacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!