View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #8
LittleDragon
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbee
Hi, Its a very good question to ask. I would take your Doberman to play with a small pup first. You want to make sure they get along well. We have Princess our Yorkie, Poncho our Chihuahua, and Mandy our Rottweiler. They are all best friends. Big & Small can get along. but you need to make sure they do before ever leaving them alone. I do have a lot of friends with Big & Small, and have had no problems. But I also heard stories about some that didn't get along.
I treat all ours the same, they all live inside, get lots of One on One. And if Mandy wants up on my lap, well that's where she goes. (my poor legs!!! LOL)
Again, I would take him to see a small pup, and if he's game, I'd say go for it.

LOL, I feel your pain...I have a lap dog trapped in a Dobie's body. It was probably not the best idea to let him sleep curled up on my chest as a puppy...It's more painful than it is cute these days. Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely get him more used to being around small dogs before making a final decision.
LittleDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!