View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
DerbyLayne
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
You can keep the face semi-long and back still short. That's a pretty typical hair-do. Here's how I keep Jackson... his back hair is short but the face is still rounded & full-ish.
Yes, thanks! I think it's growing on me- I guess I'm just so use to his longer hair, especially his legs... but it looks good! just like Jackson!

He just has patches on his belly from where I had to totally skin-skin shave him down from some of the bigger burrs... oh well it'll grow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
the second time my DH took the boys out and Harley came back covered in them, I swear he had let him role around in a sticker bush. Harley has a different coat than Samson so they really stick in there. we had to cut most of them out, it was pitiful. He had this perfect long beard and we had to cut only half of it. he had chucks we had to cut. I took him to the groomers later in the week when we could get him in and had them fix everything but I was so sad because he has this thick coat that I love. We actually keep it shorter now. it just became too much when he got things in it. it is less stress on both of us this way
Yes, when Derby came home today with my husband my DH warned me: "People at the dog park think we'll have to cut his hair". So away i went trying to get it out-with no luck (and he was crying and biting at his hair etc)

I wonder "How did this happen?" but my DH tells me that he chased a dog around the park only to go off sniffing on his own and end up in a Burr bush!! What a guy.

Derby has a cotton coat so it matts easily anyway, and there was no getting the burrs out whatsoever..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyChristine View Post
Maddie got burrs in her hair while playing this summer, I was so frustrated because her hair was really getting long... here is a before and after just for fun, I left her face kind of longer because I knew I would want to grow her back out and the face grows so much slower. They really know how to get into everything their not supposed to
this is true! Derby is 7 months now, but still very much a curious puppy.

My husband is happy his hair is shorter and has been advocating for it for ever~ He loves it short. I like a shorter look, but not this short! Oh well I'm getting use to it...

Matty's hair is so NICE! We had to cut Derby's legs, belly and chest the most! i wish we could've kept some of it longer... but that's a nice cut!

Last edited by DerbyLayne; 01-17-2010 at 08:47 PM.
DerbyLayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!