Thread: Medical careers
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

My Bachelors degree is in Nursing - out of school (at age 28), I managed a gyn. clinic (bc I already had mgmt / lots of experience in human services); I then worked about 7 years for Medtronic in the pacemaker/defib. (implantable) field - traveled all over the U.S. and also to Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Madrid - which was such a tremendous opportunity. So, that's where I think the medical field, in almost any area, can really surprise you - in that soooo many things can be possible. When I was in nursing school, if someone had said "oh, you'll work w/ pacemakers/defibs in the biotech industry, btw" -- I would have just said "um, huh?".

And in the canine industry...really...who knows? Look at the trainer Tamar Gellar...she is Oprah's dog's trainer and was on the Oprah show...I bet she didn't ever predict *that* ! If you follow your heart/interests...you never know where it might lead.

To me, it sounds like working w/ dogs is sounding really exciting to you...esp. the Canine PT career. Is there anywhere near you where you can shadow a PT?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!