View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Does anybody work in the medical field?

I've been weighing my options and trying to figure out what I want to begin doing with my life. I'm almost 20, at community college, slow moving but I've got about 30 credits under my belt. I know I'm still young & have time but I don't want to continue taking classes if they're going to be a waste. I do have my English 111, Oral Speech, Intro to Psychology, etc which are all pretty much used for any degree. I have yet to take a math or a science yet because I failed my math placement test which means I have to take 2 non-credit math courses before even getting into a regular algebra class. I'm TERRIBLE at math. There is an option to re-take this test after taking a 5 day math review type class. Which is what I want to try and do.

The medical field has always been in the back of my mind. It's never what I pictured myself doing... but I love to talk to people, I'm personable and friendly, I enjoy helping people, and it seems like a good career choice at this point in time because it's such a growing field, esp. in this economy.

So at this point my goal would be to get my associates degree in either Radiation Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant. My college (Anne Arundel Community College - AACC homepage) has pretty reputable programs for these but you have to be accepted and it's definitely hard work, lots of science, which I've never been the best at but I think I could do it.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience of what it's like to work in the medical field? I'm more of a computer girl so I thought my computer skills could tie into something medically.... esp. in radiation therapy. Any other medical careers that you may know about, let me know. How is the hours, pay, work environment, etc? Thanks!
Was an RN......went to school and lasted in the field for about 2 years........Worked in the Surgical Floor and at a State Hospital, then went on to work in Pediatrics.....too many things turned me away....mostly children with terminal illnesses and abuse cases......The other Dr's egos.......
Some can be such $@#$ heads.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!