Thread: Had no choice?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanrocco View Post
I agree, 5 and 6 weeks is wayyy too early for a pup to be taken from its mother. Before I knew of this, my friend at the time who was giving away mix breed puppies brought me my Bella when she was just 6 weeks. despite coming to us before she was 'of age,' so to speak, is now almost 3 years and is the most intelligent and well-socialized dog I've ever owned. She was not hard to potty train and is very healthy. After learning that 6 weeks is much too early to take a puppy home, I realize she is more of the exception to this rule. Perhaps the buyer didn't know at the time that this is an unhealthy age?
I believe the OP is referring to people who are told 5-6 weeks is too young, then they say "well I don't have a choice". If you truly do not know, that is one thing, but having many people say that it's too young and you still go for it is what baffles me. Same thing as buying from a place that screams mill, and getting warnings, but still buying from there.

I just don't understand.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!