View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
dwerten
BANNED!

my dog has allergies and has for 5 1/2 years i recommend going to a dermatologist as you will save alot of money that way as they get to the bottom of it FAST. Sounds like a staph infection - i really like duoxo chlorhexedine shampoo as an antibacterial - did the vet do a skin culture and send to lab? I would not mess with vet anymore and i would go to dermatologist

what meds were given as sounds to me like dexamothesone shot was given which is a steroid not an allergy shot there is no such thing as allergy shots unless doing hyposensitization shot.

my dd reacts to all shampoos like malaseb, ketachlor, sebalux but she did not react poorly to the duoxo chlorhexedine and her staph is going away

here is the deal with staph is usually 25 days of simplicef will kill it - if you do not do a full 21-25 days of antibiotic the staph will come back with a vengeance 10xs worse. Another reason it can come back is antibiotics kill all good and bad bacteria so if you do not add good back and your dogs system is out of balance then the bad can out weigh the good then come back as well so always important to double up with probiotics while on antibiotics and give 2 hrs afterwards

The steroids will suppress the immune system allowing infection to get worse and shots of steroids are much stronger and last longer than pill forms.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!